Best Western Sundown Motel Resort|
Set around its attractive lake, the national capital manages to combine urban sophistication with plenty of space and fresh air. There’s so much to see and do here, and Canberra is the ideal destination for a brief escape.
Canberra Tourist Information Centre
- Parliament House - Canberra’s most visited attraction. Take an informative tour, view the prized art collection or observe the parliament in action from the public gallery.
- Old Parliament House - The home of the federal government for 61 years, from 1927-1988.
- National Gallery - Australia’s finest art collection.
- Australian War Memorial - One of the world’s leading military museums.
- Questacon - The National Science and Technology Centre with over 200 interactive displays.
- Australian National Botanic Gardens - A stunning display of over 6000 species of Australian native plants.
- Black Mountain and the Telstra Tower - the perfect spot for breathtaking views of the nation’s capital.
- Nolan Gallery - Located in the beautiful Lanyon Homestead, this gallery features displays of Sidney Nolan from the 1940’s and 1950’s.
- Floriade - A popular spring festival that combines the natural beauty of flowers with entertainment and festivities.
- Galleries and Museums - Soak up the culture and history in Canberra’s unique art galleries and museums.
- Cruising - Take a cruise on the beautiful Lake Burley Griffin.
- Cycling - Canberra has a number of high quality cycling tracks especially around Lake Burley Griffin.
- Bushwalking - Black Mountain, Mount Ainslie and Red Hill have some well-marked tracks. For the more adventurous, the Namadgi National Park and the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve provide walks for all grades.
- Golf - There are ten golf courses in Canberra including two public courses – Capital and Woodhaven Green. A "pitch & putt" and driving range is available within one kilometre.
- Horse Riding - A convenient activity in Canberra because the natural bush and forests are so close to the city.
- Hot Air Ballooning - A lifetime thrill for early risers.
- Shopping - Canberra markets offer a great range of arts and crafts.